This is a CM Furnaces 1700C elevator kiln that we had done emergency roof repairs 3 years before doing the major hot face repairs. The scope of work included picking the furnace shell up from our customer and installing the lining in our shop. We removed heating elements and shored up the lining before moving. Once in our shop, we removed the hot face lining & patched the backup insulation instead of removing. The embedded support rods were upgraded from <ullite to Alumina to improve the new hot face life. We fabricated the lining components in our fiber cutting room, installed the hot face and returned the box to our customer for installing of elements, thermocouples and a test run.