Prairie Ceramics has developed an expertise in supporting traditional ceramics manufacturing. We understand and have worked extensively with the kilns and consumables for processing these materials.
- Roofing Tile
With our technical background and extensive industry experience, we understand what users need for value engineered materials and how they relate to each other.
Having worked on kilns by various manufacturers, we have seen what works, what can be improved upon and we have implemented these improvements many times. We know these kilns!
- Gas heated
- Electrically heated
We have worked with all of them. Relined them. Retrofitted them. Disassembled and moved them.
Kiln relining materials. In addition to having installed thousands and thousands of insulating brick, we have lined and repaired lightweight fiber systems.
- Insulating Firebrick
- Ceramic Fiber Blanket
- Super Duty and High Heat Duty Brick
Kiln Furniture. You pick the material, we have supplied it. Silicon Carbide & Cordierite are the most common kiln furniture materials. With our in depth experience, we know cost effective solutions and setups.
Wire elements are most common. Coiled Elements, Rod Overbend Elements, Ribbon Elements.
Kanthal A1, Kanthal APM are the most common element material we work with
Burners. Typically direct replacement for your existing burner, we Distribute for many brands. We also have the ability to make custom burner blocks.
PTCR Rings. For quality control of both batch and continuous firing (link to PTCR page). The rings are a modern alternative to using cones for evaluating batch consistency
- Type K. The most common low temperature thermocouple. Cost effective, but temperature limited. Typically used up to 1250C, this can be used hotter but the life is reduced.
- Type S. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1600C and short term use to 1700C. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%
- Type R. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1600C and short term use to 1700C. Type R thermocouples as very close in chemistry to Type S thermocouples. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%
- Type B. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1700C. We have supplied these thermocouple for use to 1785C. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%