Green Technology typically involved advanced materials and processing. With our location in the San Francisco Bay area, We have been involved with many startups working in this space. Prairie Ceramics understanding of our materials & processing allows us to recommend products that perform. Our technical understanding of high temperature processing reactions enables us to pick the right material & furnace the first time for maximum performance.
Prairie Ceramics has developed an expertise in supporting Green Tech manufacturing. We understand and have worked with the high temperatures& atmospheres needed for processing these materials. With our technical background, we understand what users need for performance materials and how they relate to each other.
Having worked on kilns by various manufacturers, we have seen what works, what can be improved upon and we have implemented these improvements many times. We know these kilns!
- Gas heated
- Electrically heated
We have worked with all of them. Relined them. Retrofitted them. Disassembled and moved them.
Kiln Furniture. You pick the material, we have supplied it. Silicon Carbide & Alumina are the most common kiln furniture materials. With our in depth experience having built a joint venture kiln furniture plant and continuous development of these materials, we know cost effective solutions and designs.
- Silicon Carbide.
- Wire heating elements. Coils, strip, rod overbend.
- Moly Disilicide. For the extreme temperatures of up to 1850C, we sell three grades of American Made elements
Kiln relining materials. In addition to having installed thousands and thousands of Bubble Alumina brick, we have lined and repaired lightweight fiber systems and make a variety of anchoring systems that can take the heat of these processes.
- Bubble Alumina Brick
- Insulating Firebrick
- Mullite Fiber
- 1600C Mullite Fiber Modules
- 1700C board systems
- 1800C board systems
- Type B. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1700C. We have supplied these thermocouple for use to 1785C. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%
- Type 20/40. A very special grade of thermocouple. Higher temperature capabilities than a Type B thermocouple.
- Type R. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1600C and short term use to 1700C. Type R thermocouples as very close in chemistry to Type S thermocouples. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%
- Type S. Suitable for continuous use temps to 1600C and short term use to 1700C. Standard wire accuracy is +/- 1.5C or +/- 0.25%, whichever is greater. Special limits of error of +/- 0.6C or 0.1%
- Type K. The most common low temperature thermocouple. Cost effective, but temperature limited. Typically used up to 1250C, this can be used hotter but the life is reduced.